Join us in Hobart, Tasmania for part 3 of the Antarctic story on Mawson’s Huts Replica Museum
In part three of our visit to Hobart, Tasmania visit with Rod Ledingham as we dive deeper into our story taking a tour of the Mawson’s Huts Replica Museum.
Mawson’s Huts Replica Museum is rated by trip advisor as the best museum in Hobart being ranked as No 1 out of 15 museums.
It has attracted over 100,000 visitors in its first two years of operation and continues to set new attendance records with visitors from all over Australia and overseas.
Situated on, the city’s beautiful waterfront it is just 50 metres from Constitution Dock and opposite Mawson’s Place.
It was opened on Monday Deceember 2 2013 which was the 102nd anniversary of the departure from Hobart of the Australasian Antarctic expedition 1911-14 which Douglas Mawson led.
The mission in Hobart, Tasmania
To develop the Mawson’s Huts Replica Museum in Hobart Tasmania as a boutique world class museum that: provides visitors with the opportunity to learn and understand the history and achievements of the men of the 1911-14 Australasian Antarctic Expedition led by Douglas Mawson; helps promote awareness of Australia’s involvement in the Antarctic; and highlights Hobart as the gateway to the Antarctic continent for the Asia Pacific region.
Planning Your Visit to Hobart, Tasmania make the most of the stunning scenery, waterfront vibe, cafes and restaurants when you plan your visit to our Replica Museum. Located in the centre of Hobart, we are within a few minutes walk of most major accommodation and conference venues.
Find more details before your next visit to Hobart, Tasmania
The latest podcast
Start at the beginning of the story
Traveling to New Zealand, Tasmania or other parts of Australia ?
Contact our travel team with your questions
Vote for the EATT Magazine podcast
Simply click this link
Hit the thumbs up
Add your name email and create a password
Look around for other podcasts you may like, like Silicon beach radio
And give a thumbs up to any other podcasts you may like to support for
EATT Magazine releases its first online course
Find out more about our first class in the link below
Join Cullen Pope, the editor of EATT Magazine the online travel magazine. Find out why this creative, passionate photographer and podcaster wants to take you on a quick whirlwind tour on how easily you can record an interview, podcast, or a meeting for two so you to can capture your best ideas or that late night skillshare inspiration.
- What readily available equipment is needed
- Fast and easy ways to record a conversation
- What app to use and how to upload recordings
- How to download it or post it online as a podcast
- Charge your smartphones — it’s time to start recording
Note: Now updated for both iOS and Android devices plus windows or other phone brand users without the app access can use the Studio for Desktop download to record or live stream, integrate easily with Skype, and manage your episodes and drafts from their desktops.
Requires Windows 7+ or OSX 10.8+.
Rode Microphone Lav
SC6 Dual TRRS input
Android App to Record
iOS App to Record iPhone or iPad
TRRS Extension Cable
- Eyes wide open for your class outline and into the app store
- Finding the best recording app from this class
- Getting your content or interviews out there
- Keeping it simple
- Talking Points & Key Concepts
Your class outline includes an introduction to the class videos plus a few ideas on why you should record your best ideas
- The process of Pre-Production
- What kind of phone you can record on
- Which microphones to use and where to find them
- The kind of attachments you need as a double adapter and why they are important
- how to do a quick check of the sound quality
- Why you might not go live if you’re starting out
- How to put it all together
- What your setup can look like
- Downloading the App a simple how to looking inside the app on your smartphone
- App options to get you ready
How to record
Step 1:Stop and pause
Uploading and downloading the Recording
- Publishing on the App
- How to find your recording
- A quick preview on using the platform on your desktop
Get more details on